Citizens of Argentina, Australia, Canada, Chile, Japan, New Zealand or Republic of Korea who wish to remain in Portugal, on holidays, for a maximum period of 12 months, under a Memorandum of Understanding signed between their country and Portugal, should fulfill the general requirements, as well as the documents referring to specific requirements necessary for the processing of a temporary stay visa.
- Argentinian citizen, residing in Argentina;
- Hold a valid Argentinian passport;
- Be between eighteen (18) and thirty (30) years of age both inclusive, on the date of the application;
- Will not be accompanied by family dependents;
- Possess sufficient financial resources to support travel and the duration of their stay, including proof of return ticket or proof of means of subsistence;
- Hold a travel insurance and health insurance valid for the duration of the stay covering hospital costs and medical repatriation;
- Have no criminal record and allow criminal record verification;
- Hold tertiary qualifications, or have successfully completed at least two (2) years of undergraduate university study.
Additional conditions to be fulfilled:
- Not have previously taken part in the Program;
- Staying for over 12 months will not be allowed;
- Work is incidental to the holiday. Participants cannot work for more than six (6) months or have a permanent work contract;
- The participation in training courses or professional development courses is allowed for the duration of up to six (6) months.